As this course is coming to an end, I feel relief that I will have one weekend to relax, but also extremely satisfied with the amount of knowledge I have gained. When I wrote my original GAME plan my focus goals were Standard 1, to Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity, and Standard 3Model Digital-Age Work and Learning. As I progressed through the course, I learned a lot of way to engage learners through digital story telling. I felt that was the most beneficial week for me and meeting my goals. I learned about projects that incorporate Math and other content areas using technology. I feel I have a larger range of projects to pull from now. I am already in the works of redeveloping a Social Studies project from paper to a digital story.
To use the GAME plan process with my students, I don't believe it needs to be modified. They are old enough to understand and put forth each step of the process. I can see using this for long term projects and assignments. It is a good habit for them to get into when planning and learning how to stay organized.
Like I stated above, I am already making changes to my projects to incorporate technology, specifically, digital stories. I already use social networking for literature circles, but I came up with ways to use a wiki to just hold conversations with students outside of the classroom. For example, posting a wondering question and having them respond to it. I think this type of homework will be more interesting for them.
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment